How to Combine PDF Files?
by Janina Kivinen
Smallpdf combines your PDFs online free of charge with high quality. Just drag and drop your files to start - no registration necessary!
Use the Smallpdf Merge PDF tool to combine PDFs free of charge, without the need to register or having watermarks on the combined document.
Tip: You can also use the same tool to rearrange the order of the pages in singular PDFs. More detailed instructions found at the end of this post.
Enough talk, let's get to it!
How to combine PDF Files?
See below a step by step instruction on how to Combine PDFs using the free Smallpdf online tool:
- First step is to drag and drop your PDFs to the combine tool. You can upload your files either from your PC, Google Drive or Dropbox.
- Add all the PDF files that you need to combine together – remember the file size limit of 5GB!
- Time to rearrange the pages of your document (if needed, otherwise skip to the next step). This is handy in case your page order got mixed up while uploading documents to the tool.
- When your document looks like it should, just click “Merge PDF” and let the magic happen!
- Remember to download your document either to your PC, Google Drive or Dropbox before leaving the page.
You can access the tool here.
If your document turns out to be, for example, too big to send as an attachment via email, you can use Smallpdf Compress PDF to reduce the size of it. Smallpdf also has a Split PDF tool in case you need to still separate some files from the final document.
How to rearrange pages in PDF?
And as promised, here are the introductions to rearrange pages of single PDFs using the same tool:
Upload PDF(s) by dragging and dropping it to our Merge PDF tool
Rearrange: Click on page mode on the top right corner of the converting box to enable moving the documents around with your cursor. With file mode you can rearrange complete files if you have uploaded several bigger converted Excel or Word files to be combined for example.
Finally, click Merge PDF, and you are ready to go!